Flying over Old Town House

• The American Flag is caught flying over Old Town House after a Winter storm blankets historic  downtown Marblehead.

It’s good to be back…  My family and I just returned from a week long stay in the Turks and Caicos where we basked in the warmth of perfect weather.  It was a treat to shoot my kids on the sandy beach of Grace Bay and to fly my Phantom 4 Pro over the turquoise waters.  But it also made me excited to do the same over Marblehead as soon as this Winter ends.

So far, this Winter hasn’t been very photogenic with little snowfall and mostly drab light.  However, on the morning of January 8th, I had headed to downtown Marblehead after a light Winter storm to try my hand at aerial imaging of the snow covered streets for the first time.  With the coming Winter storm tomorrow, I thought it would be a good time to end my brief hiatus with this image captured while flying over Old Town House.

I had just been flying over Washington Street and shooting toward Abbot hall when I returned to State Street and found the American flag waving above Old Town House.  I adjusted the height of the drone to create this composition leading the eye down Washington Street toward Little Harbor.  I’m hoping for more opportunities to shoot Marblehead with snow from these angles in the days to come.

By | 2017-02-08T08:59:49+00:00 February 8th, 2017|Categories: Aerial|Tags: , , , |8 Comments

1. Gina Twomey February 8, 2017 at 9:09 am - Reply

You returned just in time for the arrival of Winter, ugh.

• Wednesdays in Marblehead February 8, 2017 at 9:57 am - Reply

I was looking out the window of my office yesterday and lamenting the view of falling snow. It would be nice to get some shots of our town blanketed in white but I’m really, really looking forward to Spring and Summer in Marblehead now….

• Paul Trefry February 8, 2017 at 10:06 am - Reply

Wednesdays in Marblehead Doc, I love this shot. The history contained within its borders is unimaginable. Have you ever viewed Sidney Perley’s “Marblehead in the Year 1700? Here’s the link. Again, I love this shot. Thanks for all the effort. http://marbleheadmuseum.org/Perley%20Final-1.pdf

• Wednesdays in Marblehead February 8, 2017 at 12:30 pm - Reply

Thanks Paul Trefry. That’s a great map!

• Gina Twomey February 8, 2017 at 10:02 pm - Reply

Wednesdays in Marblehead Problem is that it is NE and February and February insists on being ‘heard’.

2. Linda Canning February 8, 2017 at 10:16 am - Reply

Great photo. I can see 3 of the places I lived when I was a kid!

3. Lola Baker February 8, 2017 at 7:47 pm - Reply

Don lived in a lovely hometown of Marblehead, Coral. I hop to see this place some day. I really miss Massachusetts. ??????

4. Susan Dryden McKown February 10, 2017 at 4:01 pm - Reply

Beautiful photos!! I’m glad you had a great time with your kids.